This document is a translation. In case of disputes about the interpretation of these terms and conditions or about the dating of the information, the official version in German language decisive.
- Where can I download the Brose App?
Other countries will follow.
- Which e-bike brands or models is the app compatible with?
The Brose app has been developed for e-bikes with the Brose Drive System (ie Brose drive + Brose display + Brose battery). The app can only be used from model year 2021. The app makes it easy to check whether it is already compatible when adding your e-bike. If not, you will automatically receive a message that unfortunately your e-bike is not supported. Note: Retrofitting a Brose display to an existing e-bike system does not make the Brose e-bike app compatible.
3.1. How can I connect the app and the e-bike? (Create an account)
The following technical requirements must be met in order to establish a connection between the smartphone and the e-bike:
- the display on the e-bike is switched on
- Bluetooth is activated on the smartphone
- the smartphone is connected to the internet
Now perform the following steps:
- Start the registration in the menu of the screen
- Follow the steps shown and put the display in "pairing mode".
- The smartphone now connects to the e-bike via Bluetooth.
- create an account with your email address
3.2. I cannot establish a connection between the e-bike and the app.
Important note: After updating to version 43 or higher of the Allround Display, the following steps must be performed:
- Reset the connection to the e-bike on your smartphone. To do this, select the system settings under iOS and remove the bike from the settings under the Bluetooth menu item. To do this, press the i next to the e-bike ID (eg ABCD_000_20201007_00008) and select "Ignore". On Android, select Bluetooth in the settings under Connections, tap the e-bike ID and select "Unpair"
- After the connection has been deleted on the smartphone, the settings on the display of the e-bike must also be reset to the factory settings under Settings --> Factory settings.
- After the screen reboots, select Settings --> Bluetooth --> Connect Smartphone.
- Switch on Bluetooth on the smartphone and start the Brose e-bike app.
- If there are too many Bluetooth devices (e.g. smartphones, smart homes, keyboards, etc.) nearby, the connection may fail. Move the smartphone and the e-bike to a place where there are fewer devices.
3.3 How do I reset the connection to the e-bike?
Go to your smartphone's Bluetooth settings, press the i button of your e-bike listing and then "Ignore device".
Go to your smartphone's Bluetooth settings, press the gear icon of your e-bike listing, press "End connection" or "Delete" depending on your smartphone.
3.4 How can I delete my account?
Log in to the Brose e-bike app with the account you want to delete and go to the settings via the gear icon at the top right. Select My Account and Delete Account. Your account will be blocked immediately and all your data will be deleted within 14 days. You can of course always create a new account.
- Komoot and Strava
4.1. Different view of data in Komoot or Strava
The data displayed in Komoot or Strava is based only on the GPS data you have registered. We also use the data from your e-bike in our app. Therefore, there may be discrepancies in the data.
4.2. When will my data be sent to Komoot or Strava?
The condition for uploading your route to Komoot or Strava is that you have connected to your Komoot or Strava account via the settings in the Brose app. Only then will any route you record be automatically uploaded to Komoot or Strava.
4.3. I can't record a route
If the button to register the route is gray and inactive, check whether the smartphone is connected to the e-bike. An active Bluetooth connection is required to start a route recording. Sometimes it can take a little longer for your recorded route to be uploaded to us. Patience.
4.4. Height display (Android)
With some Android smartphones, the calculated and displayed altimeters may not correspond to reality. This has to do with the GPS chip built into your smartphone. However, we are working on improving the calculation, also for these smartphones.
4.5. Different display of the remaining range
The remaining range shown on the display and in the app sometimes varies greatly. This is due to the following reasons: It always depends on the currently selected aid level and the calculation is currently based on real consumption values instead of average values. We are working to calculate the remaining range even more accurately for you and your driving style in the future.